Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A groove or a rut???

As I got up this morning, I walked in to the girls room.  As I open the door, two furry faces come out of their hiding places, that are no doubt warm from their nights sleep.   The get up and shake off the night and run to me, happy to see me.  I walk over to the girls and rub their backs to slowly awaken them and tell them it's Tuesday; time wake up.  They stretch in bed, turn over and go back to sleep.  As I walk out of their room, the dogs follow me down stairs.  They go right to the back door, and wait for me to open it.  As I let them out, I grab their food and put it in their bowls.

After I close the door, I go to the cupboard and pull out the cereal, then grab a bowl and fill it up.  As it sits, I start my morning coffee ritual.  Brew the espresso, then steam the milk, grabbing bites from my cereal as I go.   As I walk over to grab my coffee that is just about done, I look out the back door, and I see the dogs staring at me; sitting, shaking and waiting for me to open the door to let them in.  I walk away.  I bring my coffee and cereal to the table with my laptop, which has been turned on and is waiting for me.  I put the bowl in front of the computer so I can type, then eat, then type, then eat and drink my coffee in between.

I yell up to the kids to get up, full well knowing they won't budge.  But if one of them does, it will be Avery, coming around the corner, fully dressed and ready to go!!  (and here she comes.... :)     )

If you come to my house any weekday this is what you will find!
I'm not proud of it; it just is what it is.  We get ourselves into a groove and we go with it.  The problem is, that groove eventually becomes a rut and then we are left scratching our heads as to how we got here?  Ever done that??

I don't know why we resist change, but we are good at it.  Any time there is a change at my work; there is a little grumbling, then adjustment period, and then it comes rote.

Doing the same thing isn't such a problem; feeling stuck IS!!!

As I go through my day, I will try to mix it up a little.  I asked hubby if we can switch cars for the day.  I'll start there and see where that takes me!  Maybe I'll take an alternate route to work!

I don't mind being in a groove....I just don't want to get in a rut!

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment