Sunday, April 1, 2012

Precious time

Yesterday we went to the beach.  It was a beautiful day.  The kids frolicked in the water and played with their friends and had a great time.   We haven't been to the beach in quite a while.

It's so fun to sit back and watch your kids grow.  To have days like this remind me that time is precious.  My kids are growing before my eyes, and here I spend most of my time in a car, shuffling them to and fro!

I'm almost at the point of needing daily reminders, so I can literally stop and smell the roses!

I'm truly thankful for every day I get to spend with my kids and my family.  Sunday nights are treasures for me, because mom and Julie come over and we have dinner and chat and catch up.  And if Chris is in a feisty mood, he throws out a few zingers and we debate.

A few weeks ago, I watched my mom go off on politics (nothing new for me).  But Chris' mom was really surprised at how colorful my mom became when it come to politics.  I laughed out loud at the shock on Chris' moms face. 

Those are precious moments. 

I took some pictures of my kids in their bathing suits at the beach.  They look like teenagers compared to what they are in my mind. I am constantly reminded how they grow.  They will always be my little babies.

Any time I can, I will stop myself and remember to enjoy the precious moments before me. 

And I vow to appreciate every moment I get with my kids, my family and my friends!

Every day is truly precious.

Happy Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment