Wednesday, April 25, 2012

carpe diem

So, I hear it's going to rain today.  Sounds like a quiet sort of day, curled up by the fire!  I WISH!!!

How often do you actually get to blow off a day and just "hang"?  Not very!

Things get harder as the kids get older.  I keep waiting for things to ease up a bit, and I swear, every year it gets harder and harder. 

I remember when I was pregnant (oh so many years ago) and one of my friends said, "Each phase of preganacy prepares you for the next".  And I found she was right.  By the end of my pregnancy, I was so used to not sleeping that when Aspen came, I was used to waking up all the time.

But I have to say; as the kids grow, I'm not sure I feel the same way.  And as I'm getting ready for the challenging teen years, I definitely know I'm NOT ready!!

Their schedules are crazy, their attitudes growing, their wit emerging, it all comes up pretty fast!!!

And I find it funny, how when I was a kid, my parents were so "stupid" because they didn't seem to "get it" about anything.  And I laugh at myself, because looking back I realize how stupid I was in thinking they didn't get it.  However as technology overwhelms our world and the lingo in kidspeak today, and the things they demand they want, I gotta admit - I'm feeling pretty "stupid" myself!! 

Totally NOT ready!!

Thankfully I have all my mom friends with older kids who I'm watching very closely.  They seem to be surviving, so the forecast looks good so far.  I just wish I could take a day to absorb it all!!

It's hard to believe that in a week it will be May.  And in about 6-7 weeks it will be summer.  Are you ready???

And in 6-7 weeks, I will be looking  back on this day saying, "Wow, I can't believe that was 6-7 weeks ago", because time seems to be moving at warp speed and there is nothing we can do to slow it down or get off!!!

So, with that in mind, I will blow off worrying about the teen years for my kids and I will forgoe the fire and hot chocolate for the day. 

Because as I write, I realize, I need to take charge of my destiny and make choices the resonate in my soul!
I'm going to Disneyland!

Happy Wednesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment