Sunday, April 1, 2012

Look unto you

(Technical difficulties prevented a timely post....  )


Well, well, well........
I gotta say!  I blogged the other day about accepting others as they are.  And I feel like my point needs to be driven home on some levels.

It's so easy to compare yourself to someone else, but truly, what is the point?
By wanting what another has only makes you feel like you are lacking.  Furthermore, you are negating your own talents and God given gifts! 

If you deny who you are, then how will you ever be happy??

The problem is, most of us don't realize the unique and fabulous talents we have on our own.  And even when others point it out to us, we ignore it like it was never said, or just can't be true.

Why can't we believe we deserve what we so easily give to others???

The truth is, if we spent more time tending to our own gardens, we would be much better for it.  But instead, we can't bare to think about where to start, so we focus on others.

I had a friend once who had a therapist tell him to circle a spot on a mirror. Stand in front of the mirror, face yourself in that circle, and repeat, "I am worthy.  I am worth it"  (or something like that).  At the time, I felt like it sounded silly.  But reflecting back, I think it is brilliant.

Actually, taking time for yourself, on yourself, building and growing and accepting.

Accepting.......

Let us not focus on the strengths of others for then we negate the strengths of ourselves

Happy Sunday

1 comment: