Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Outta control

So, my weekend didn't go exactly as planned.  I didn't get as much done as I wanted, but I never stopped moving.  It's Tuesday morning, and I'm exhausted.  I need a vacation from our mini vacation. 

Do you ever feel that way?

Saturday, was supposed to be cleaning day.  As it turned out; the girls didn't have dance like they thought, which freed up Aspen to get to a birthday party I really wanted her to attend.  So instead of being home, I ended up running around like a maniac, getting her to her place.  Avery went somewhere else for a sleepover and we had our adult night at a friends.

Sunday was supposed to be the same; but somehow that didn't happen either, and then Monday came. I started getting productive,  but a last minute party was thrown together at a friends and we decided to go, since we hardly ever see any of our friends.

Three days.  Three Non-productive days.

I still look around at all that has to be done.  So much, that it's overwhelming.  BUT.....I can't even take the time to think of it today; because I need to go to the doctor.

Over the last 24 hours, I have come under the weather, and though I have to work (which will be interesting), I need to hit the doctor on the way home.

I hate the thought of needing a doctor EVER!!! I don't have time to be sick, my schedule is too busy and unless push comes to shove....you won't find me there.

But today you will.

I'm sure it's nothing serious, but from what I heard, I'll be needing antibiotics and won't recover unless i get them.  I was up every few hours last night, so all I can say is, "God, please get me through this day". 

In the meantime, I'm downing cranberry juice (unsweetened) and praying things don't get worse!

Grandma has been called to pinch hit for pick up so I can run to Urgent Care and get my meds.

I feel very frustrated, because it's yet another disruption to my day.  But then again, I think it's a good reminder that we are not in control!!!  We have to go with the flow.

As much as we would like to be in the drivers seat, we need to realize that sometimes things don't go as we'd like or plan.  It is a good reminder.  And though I'm not happy that I have to twist and turn to make things happen, I am pretty good at it. 

I hope your day goes according to plan.  Or at least, better than mine!

Happy Tuesday.

1 comment:

  1. I think life had a way of taking care of you... If you're body was in the process of coming down with something, could you imagine how much worse off you'd be now if you had worked worked worked. Sometimes, you just need a stress free fun weekend. After all, years later, people find themselves regretting the things they did not do, the memories they did not create, the friends they did not spend time with. I hope you feel better soon! xoxoxo!

    ReplyDelete