Saturday, May 7, 2011

A fly on the wall

If you want a glimpse of who your kids are, take them on a long car ride with a couple of their friends, put on some of their favorite music.....and don't say a word.

Some of my favorite times are in the car with their friends. The conversations they have are different than what you hear at home. They way they talk is different too. It is like I am a fly on the wall, quietly observing who my children are becoming. And I dare say....it warms my heart.

I sit quietly and listen to their conversation drift in different directions at the drop of a hat. It takes a mere snort from a laugh for them to transition to another topic.
I hear them talk about friends and situations and how they dealt with them.

I hear how they feel about things for the first time, because it is information they don't care to disclose to their mother.
e
I am a mere observer as I listen to their wants and hopes. And if I am lucky enough, I will hear about their concerns.

It is a mothers greatest fear that her child is suffering and she doesn't know about it. Thankfully, today it is not an issue. Someone just snorted again and the topic changed.

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment