Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Making changes

I have been stuck in a rut for a while.  A groove, actually.  Stuck doing the same thing over and over and you can't get out.  Not in a bad way....just a way.

I think we all do it.  It's easy, predictable, comfortable.  We need an ounce of control in our lives and we usually find it in the grooves of our lives.  I'm not feeling like I need to switch things.  I'm actually at a want to change things place.

Getting slammed this week (and last) has reminded me that I can rise to the task.  I am usually just too tired to want to.  But when I have to, I'm there.  And I'm thankful.

I'm also reminded that by my comfort level, I'm actually shortchanging myself.  There are so many things I want to do, but let that groove get in my way, and stop me.  For no good reason.  And again, I am left to that deferred consequence (from an earlier decision) I have mentioned in the past. 

As I sit at my desk and look out my window, I see the sun shining gloriously as if to offer me an opportunity to do whatever I want!  Handle any situation in whichever way I choose.  I actually have that choice every day, but tend to resort to my groove-response.....which eventually equates to ... you guessed it...a RUT!

So, I think I'll be taking a look at my grooved responses, and I'm going to look at them from different angles and see how I can switch it up a bit.  Not sure how yet, but I'm intrigued.

I have made a few goals for myself this year.  That is definitely an "out of rut experience" for me.  I think it's been a few years since I have aspired to greater things for myself. 

Interestingly enough, by simply making those goals (and they are ambitious goals indeed), I feel a stirring of energy inside me.  Something is literally propelling me forward, because I can actually see and feel myself achieving my goals.  These one's mean a lot to me.  And in order to reach my goals, it's going to affect a lot of areas of my life.  And to start moving towards them, I gotta push out of that groove.

This could be an interesting ride!

Wishing you a day of new grooves and happy choices!

No comments:

Post a Comment