Sunday, May 15, 2011

Flare up.... :(

I have a lot of transitions going on in my life right now.  For my business, my home, our financial situation.  A LOT!!  I'm doing my best to manage them, but I found out I have a disease that is causing me trouble when trying to accomplish stuff.  It's called, "OMG I'msooverwhelmedIcan'tthinkaboutitnow" Syndrome. 

I'm not sure you ever heard it before, because it's not in the textbooks of medicine.  It's in my mind.  I realize I have had it all my life, and when I go to my moms house....I realize where I contracted the disease.

Sometimes it's a protective mechanism that stops your body from collapsing, so it has its upside.  But more often than not, it's quite crippling, as it systematically shuts down all the connections from the brain to my motor skills.  Therefore, I'm unable to do anything. 

For some reason, it seems to positively respond to computer time.  When I'm in front of the computer, it doesn't affect me so much.  However, it's only when I'm wasting time on the computer.  If I actually try to do work on the computer, my hands stop getting messages from my brain and they freeze up.  Sometimes I start to drool a bit.  But I usually have a towel nearby, so it's okay. 

Please don't feel sorry for me.  I have lived with it all my life.  I seem to get by.  People seem to be aware of my disease and they forgive me my shortcomings.  (no, I'm not talking about my husband, be nice). 

Today I have a list of things to do, but my disease has flared up.  I had a donut to see if that helped...but alas...it did not.   It's going to be a long day if I can't accomplish what I need to.  So, I'll probably just lay in bed and wait for the symptoms to subside.  However, I have seen a flare up like this before.  And as it is raining outside, it usually gets pretty bad.  Only a remote and hot chocolate seem to help. 

Please pray for me, but do not pity me.  I'll be fine.

Happy Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment