Monday, May 2, 2011

Check check check!

I'm feeling the weight of the day pressing down on me like a ton of elephants sitting on my chest.

It seems that everything is happening all at once and all my deadlines are this week.  I need to be on top of my game. 

I'm already making decisions I know I will regret; I don't have time to workout, which will affect how I eat and how I feel.  But I already have two things checked off my check list and it's not even 8am.  So far the day is going in my favor.

It's funny how it's feast or famine, and one can complain either way.  It's like we hardly need an excuse. 

When I'm not busy, I feel like I'm floundering and unfocused.  And when I'm busy, I feel like I'm hyper-focused, yet stressed out.   So, which is better?? 

To feel accomplished!

Yes, stress sucks, but there is something vindicating about being able to check stuff off your list!  I just wish it didn't come with the pressure I'm feeling!  However, that said, I think it is that fire under my backside that is keeping me on task and "on fire", so I'll go with it. 

When I have so much to do, I'm forced to estimate the amount of time it will take to do each task and then I can coordinate those which can be done fastest to get them off my list first.  This will set the momentum of my day. 

I have to manage my distractions, only tending to those that 'need' me.  And turn off those that do not.  Cell phones and email will be turned off until a designated break time, and I will not take on what someone else can do for themselves.  Clarity is at its peak.

So while this is short and sweet; it's yet another thing I have checked off my list of accomplishments.  I'm on to the next task.

Wishing you a day full of checks and balances!!!

Check, Check!

Happy Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment