Thursday, April 28, 2011

Variety is the spice of life

This week, we are talking about adding variety into our lives to keep from getting bored. 

I'd like to think I have tons of variety in my life, but just like most people in the world, I too, am a rat in a maze. 

By nature we go towards what we know.  We are creatures of habit.  We strive to be automated.  It seems that it is easier to deal with, than actually "thinking".  And as a result, we just end up doing the same thing over and over and over again.  But to what end?

As I talk to people this week; their answers are the same:  It's safe, predictable...yadda yadda.....but in the end, boredom is what happens.  Also known as a 'Rut'.

We all get there at some point in life.  We do the same things, buy the same groceries, drive the same ways to and from work, and we don't branch out. 

This week, I'm encouraging people to try something new and mix it up a bit. 
I, for one, do not like to be boring and predictable (and for the most part, I'd like to say I am not). 

But this week, try something different.  Get out of the box and do something that no one expects of you.  Send a random note to a friend....SNAIL MAIL!!!  It is so fun to actually put something in the mail, that doesn't have a check in it!  Try it!

As for dinner...try a new recipe.  If you are a bad cook, make sure you have a picture to strive for (I highly encourage this).  Did you know you can make crispy chicken with CORN FLAKES???? 

We have so many opportunities in life, yet we strive to be automated.  Today....un-automate, use your brain in a creative new way, and have some fun!

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment