Saturday, August 18, 2012

Viisiting and longer trips

Have you ever gone somewhere, thinking you know where you are going, only to realize later that the map you were looking at was condensed and your trip is going to be a bit longer than you anticipated???

Ya...that was me!

We left Tahoe and I decided to take the northerly route as opposed to the western route and cost us another hour or so longer than I expected.

The benefit of being on vacation is, we have no set agenda, so we considered it a lovely detour. 

We ended up following the Truckee River and watched the tubing people along the way.

One of the things we planned on doing, but figured in the end it was too far, was the Truckee River float.  It looks like fun.....for a mile or so....but something tells me that after that, I would get fidgety. 

As we passed some of the people, we saw a few of the boats having a water fight.  That gave us a chuckle and made me realize with a lot of people that might be a fun adventure.  As we passed, I was okay with the fact that we never made it there.

We headed to Michael's house and wanted to get there in time for Savanna to get out of school (yes, I said 'school'.  Thankfully we have another few weeks of freedom).  Aspen was very excited to see her cousin and her only motivation was to get there in time.  Thankfully, we made it.

Within minutes, Michael was home and it was really  nice to see him.  I had a surprise in store for him; a friend we haven't seen in forever was going to show up at his house for dinner.  The last time she saw Michael was between 25 and 30 years ago.  (It hurts to just say that).

Michael didn't understand why we were planning so much food for dinner.  It was funny to see Molly walk in and then he put two and two together.

I hate to say "as you get older" but it just fits.  As you get older, you appreciate old friends.  And when I say old friends, I mean friends who are older than you who actually look better than you. 

Molly looked the same (actually better) than the last time I saw her!  And to see her was like no time had passed.  As soon as she opened her mouth and started laughing, I was a kid again!!!  Love that girl!!!

I got to meet her husband, Paul and fell in love (not literally...that would be weird)!!  What a great guy!  But I could tell on facebook what a great pair they are.  It was just nice to actually meet him in person.

Titus, the great Dane was immediately drawn to Paul.  I couldn't get Titus to come anywhere near me.   But then I realized that my overanxious desire to have the dog be my friend ruined any chance I had with the dog.  I had to just sit in the wings and watch Titus pass me by. 

It's all good though.  Our visit was so nice and I am so thankful that we had a chance to catch up. 

Life is too short to go that long without seeing people you adore!!!

They mentioned they would be coming down south.  I can't wait to meet up with them again!

This vacation has been a real treat!!!  Today we head into San Francisco with Mic and Christine and the kids!  Should be a great day!!!

Happy Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment