Friday, August 24, 2012

Jumpin in....

Funny thing happened to  me on the way to my blog yesterday.....

I couldn't get in!

I was so bold, I changed the layout.  Yay me; but what I didn't have was access to changing or adding posts.  That layout was totally different and I couldn't find my way.

How silly is that?

I guess my point is, if you are going to make a change; be aware before you do it!

I didn't think anything of it, so I just made a quick change and went with it.    Somehow, with a little perseverance, I got in again last night and changed it.

I laugh at myself, because sometimes I don't think about consequences.  I'm kind of like a kid in that regard.  Very motivated by instant gratification.

I totally see the consequences in being that way, but it doesn't make me change (go figure, that!)

I have a friend (actually, many) who is quite methodical.  She thinks things through and is very precise every step of the way.  I really admire her patience with things.

She takes no shortcuts - EVER.  And her lifestyle is very much thought out and you can see the results.  Her home is beautiful, she takes pride in her job; she's just amazing to me.

And even though I appreciate who she is, I'm still me and I make my 'me' choices.  And I get frustrated a lot.  Isn't that crazy?

Maybe someday I will figure out how to apply it to my life, but until then, I will keep plugging along looking for that immediate gratification (or rush, if you will) and deal with the consequences of my quick judgement.  I'm only 43.  It's bound to happen sooner or later......right???

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment