Friday, August 10, 2012

Headin' out

So, I signed off of my blog yesterday, 'Happy Friday' - which is great, because it was actually Thursday.  But it was my Friday because today we are leaving on our annual girls trip so it officially starts my vacation.

We leave in a few short hours. 

You would think I am packed,  but I haven't really started.  For some reason this drives my husband crazy.  He is very linear and I am not.

I don't stress too much when I travel.  As long as I have a pair of shoes, shirt, pants, hat, sunglasses and a jacket (along with my purse, then I'm covered.  The rest is just gravy.

I have to think things through as I am heading out the door.  If I pack everything a day or two before my trip, I will forget things like a razor or shampoo.  But on the morning of, as I go through my daily routine, I gather as I go.  And by the time I have my routine wrapped up, everything is packed.

I'm not organized.  No secret, no surprise.

I have piles around me as I write.  My brain is putting together my list.

I have food stacked by the door, I just made my coffee, so the coffee pot will be cleaned and put by the door and when Julie gets here, she will systematically pack the car so it all fits.  Because her brain works like Chris' and that helps a lot.

When I go on vacation I go into 'camping' mode.  I don't care if I wear clothes two days in a row (as long as they don't get dirty, of course), and my hair is usually in braids with a hat and glasses. 

As one of five children growing up you learn to be flexible and go with the flow a bit more.  Chris was one of two and he was the firstborn, so he has to take care of everything.  He has no idea how to deal with a fourth born, so he shakes his head a lot.

Yin and Yang.....

We are heading up to Bodie for starters.  Bodie is an old ghost down that has been left in "arrested decay".  It's like Calico on steroids.  We will be there for a day and then head to Tahoe.  Can't wait.

Along the way we will plan a day in San Francisco and hopefully make the Winchester Mystery house on our way home.  Should be fun.

We have taken a trip every year for the last 4 or 5 years.  It's been a great experience every time.

Hopefully this next week I can blog with pictures.  I'm sure I will be taking PLENTY!!! 

I hope your week is fabulous.  I can't believe we only vacation a few times a year.  It's a lot of work to get to one good week!!!
Happy "actual" Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment