Sunday, August 19, 2012

Last day

It has been said that the best two days of vacation are the first And the last.  And though those days aren't necessarily filled with the most fun....they are filled with the most anticipation!

It is always fun to look forward to something.  I think we need something to look forward to in our lives or we don't have much joy.

We look forward to this trip every year.  It is a time to get away from the humdrum and do things you would never otherwise do.

We have a lake at home with paddleboards - but it took me coming to Tahoe to actually try it.

We have lots of hiking trails at home, but it too Vikingsholm to get us out of our car.

It is amazing how much stuff we have at home but never take advantage.  Disneyland, sea world, legoland, magic mountain. Even the ferry boat at Newport Beach.

But when I think of those things -I think of crowds and purposely avoid doing them.  The irony of this trip is everything we did was full of tourists like ourselves.

How fun would it be to have a weekend vacation and go to Newport and rent a bike for a few hours?  What is wrong with being a tourist in your own backyard?

 Few years ago my sister was here with her family, and they partook in many tourist activities.

I found myself being envious and feeling a bit of the fool for nag taking advantage.  I think the best I do is head down to the beach and sit a spell.....

But being on vacation takes you to another realm.  The realm of possibility.

And now that today is our last day I am filled with excitement about the many touristic opportunities we actually have in our area.

When I realized just how excited the girls got at the littlest of activities, it made me realize how truly fortunate we are.

So my plan is to be a tourist in my own backyard.

The worst thing that could happen is we have a quick days vacation and actually enjoy ourselves.

Happy Sunday





No comments:

Post a Comment