Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Treadmill Jump

Oh it's so quiet around here. 

We are all awake and eating breakfast.

And we would ALL rather be in bed right now because we are soooooo tired.

There is a difference in this morning.  Usually when we are up early, we are cranky and nipping at each other.  But today we are too tired to even go there.

My schedule is booked until about 1 and Aspen's is booked until 4.  Avery plays tag along with me today so she can me mellow if she wants.  I'm only a little jealous.

Have you ever been on a treadmill?  Have you ever been on it and decided to jump off for a second and put your feet to the side to give yourself a second of rest. . . and then you jump back on with it running at full speed???  That's what it's like after my vacation.  I have jumped back on the fast speeding treadmill that never stopped.  Only I'm too relaxed to get back on and don't have the stamina to keep it going.  I just hope I don't fall off.

My week is already packed.  It's just crazy.  I had an 8am this morning that got moved until 'a little later', which my first little later ended up being 1pm.  But thank God for that, because there is NO WAY I was going to make it anywhere by 8.  (God is good as my mom says).

I'm rather enjoying the quiet this morning.  I'm watching drones go about the house and do what they need to go do get out.  I too, should be doing the same thing, but I'm writing my blog - and as that is part of my morning ritual, well, there you have it!  I'm a drone too.

My goal this summer was to get more organized, and I'll be darned if that didn't totally happen.  I had other short term goals as well, and let's just say, "I'll be darned" again!

I heard a couple of songs recently, that I have heard in a long time, "Don't Blink" by Kenny Chesney; "You're Gonna Miss This" by Trace Adkins and "Live Like You Were Dying" by Tim McGraw.

Let's just say I'm trying NOT to blink, because I don't wanna miss ANYTHING and I want to go for it all like I'm living like I'm gonna die!!!

But life is going just a little too fast for me, or I'm just plain not organized to keep up with it.

School starts in a few weeks and we have to get our act together to make sure we don't drown.

I swear I think people with multiple kids do way better than me with just my two.  They are organized by fire.  They don't have a choice.  I need to realize I don't have a choice and just jump in!!!

I'll get there, eventually.  But first I have to get through my fun schedule.

Happy Tuesday


No comments:

Post a Comment