Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Day two.....

So yesterday was interesting.  No coffee, no energy....period!!!

It took me many hours to have any energy.  You never know how addicted you are to something until you remove it from your life.

I was actually surprised at how lethargic I was.  Somewhere around 11, I got a burst of energy and went and did my errands.  As I was driving, I was surprised how clear everything seemed.  I think my morning smoothie was somehow kicking in.

In the afternoon I had a salad for lunch and for dinner I had home made chicken soup.  I felt pretty good.

Right now I'm in a state of evaluating how I feel every second of the day.  My goal is "wellness" and a few days ago, I wasn't well.

I recently saw a picture that I really liked;  it showed prescription bottles and under it the caption was "Band Aid".  Next to that was a picture of fresh fruits and veggies and it said, "Cure". 

I totally believe that.  You CAN cure disease with better food choices.  Most of us just don't know how.

It really is a journey to health.  And though I have been on this path for a few years now; learning is slow!  There is SO MUCH INFORMATION out there, it's hard to disseminate.  So I came to one conclusion; I will learn what applies to ME!!  The rest of the knowledge can come later.

One thing I have heard over and over again is that as we get older, we lose the enzymes necessary to break down certain foods. 

This is a real bummer.  But it explains a LOT!!!  Thankfully, there are enzymes you can buy in pill form.  But if your body is having a hard time with it, it's time to reconsider how important that item is.

Getting older sucks.  It was so much nicer to eat as a child and not think twice about what a twinkie could do to you.  But now, it seems like the worst choice possible for me!!!

But whatever.  I can go through life feeling like crap, or I can do something about it.  Now is my time.

The smoothie was really good.  And when I think about how much nutrition I'm getting, that makes me really happy.

But what makes me happiest is knowing that my stomach is feeling a sense of calm.  That should make the day go down much easier.

Happy Wednesday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment