Saturday, September 1, 2012

Good decisions

Labor Day Weekend; Can you believe it? 

How long ago were we making our New Years Resolutions and how long ago did we blow them off?

Well, now is a time I reflect on the summer.  I made a wise decision.

At the beginning of the summer, I had an awful Vertigo attack.  It scared the hell out of me.  I was in the middle of a big job and I had to finish it.  And I did.  With the help of MANY!

After that I decided to take time off and be with my kids and absorb them more.  After all, they are growing so quickly, my shelf life as a mom is going to run out soon.

Although; as I say this, I'm painfully aware that they need me more the older they get.  I know they will start pulling away; that's natural, but part of me thought they already would have started.

But I find that they almost seem more clingy, which is weird.

I can tell they are getting more attitude.  It comes out in the funniest ways.  Not funny to them, but funny to me.  Because I can see right through them.  Avery threw an attitude at me yesterday that got her cleaning my car by herself.  And as she had a birthday party attend; that party hung on the line based on her attitude - AND the completion of my car!  It got done without another word.

They can give me as much attitude as they want;  but I will always win.....

But I digress;  my message is about the time I took off and how I was able to spend it stress free with my children. 

I feel like a whole different person right now.  Not running around; not crazy - still have my  head on and I feel quite peaceful.

In years past, we took off from dance, because the additional schedule over the summer would have been too much.  But this summer, with my availability, I was able to say, "YES" and so they danced!!!

And it was nice to 'visit' with friends instead of slowing down to 5mph and throwing my kids out so I could get to the next.....  I got to reconnect and it was really nice!!!

I didn't see as many friends as I wanted; vacations and vacation schedules weren't matched up and so it wasn't to be.  I did get one afternoon though.......  Sometimes you gotta take what you can get!!!

This weekend is the International Street Fair in Orange.  Today we will run down there for just a little bit, and then head home for some organization before I send the girls off to another sleepover.  It's a crazy weekend.

But in a few days all the crazier stuff happens.  School, dance, etc.....  We have a lot of stuff planned an precious short time to do it. 

I'm thankful for this summer.  It meant a lot to me and the kids.  I got the summer to remind me how special they are and how much I adore them.

I heard being a mother is a full time job.  Unfortunately, I didn't 'get it' until I became a mother.

God Bless all the Moms out there!!!  (dad's...we'll get you another day).

Happy Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment