Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sweet 16

Last night I went to a sweet 16 party.  It was so sweet.  I love this girl and her family.  She was surprised with a car and I took pictures of the whole thing.  She was so embarrassed; it was unveiled in front of all the guests.  As I was standing on the back side of everything, I watched as she walked around to the back of the car and ducked down, as if to hide from the overwhelming emotions.  I was so touched by this, I started tearing up.

I've watched this girl grow for the last many years. She is a sweet and kind hearted girl who deserves the world.  So to see this gift unfold was amazing.

I love to witness things like this.  It reminds me of the good in the world.  That good things happen for good people.

I watched her play with all her friends in the pool; boys and girls, and I couldn't help but thing how things have changed, or are just so very different than the world I grew up in.

Kids are way more casual nowadays.  I was talking to the girls mom and she said it's so funny how when we were growing up, we were coiffed and made up most of the time.  But today, the girls, with their long flowing hair, rarely care to wear makeup (which is nice to be honest), and they usually shove their hair up in a half ponytail/bun when they leave for school in the morning as if they can't be bothered.

Boys and girls are more like brother sister relations; very casual and very comfortable with each other.

Maybe I just grew up differently.  But boys and girls were a little more separate from what I remember. (which to be honest isn't very much).

It's actually really nice to see these kids all hanging together as casual as can be; having a great time just being with each other.

I watched many in the pool, floating in inner tubes just messing around like kids. 

It was really fun to see.

But knowing this girl, it's not surprising that she is surrounded by so many.  And the parents of some of them were just hanging out as well, enjoying the time with the adults.

My parents never hung out with any of my friends parents.  It was all pretty separate.  I'm not even sure they met some of the parents.  Just didn't happen that way with our family.

Needless to say, we had a great time.  There was a photo booth there, and who can't have fun with that???

Oh to be sixteen again......

Actually.....maybe not.

Happy Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment