Monday, September 3, 2012

Redecorating with no skills

We definitely paid the price for the girls having two sleepovers.  They did NOT want to wake up and they slept most of the day away.  And then last night had a hard time going to sleep.  It was just like when we go to Norway.  Their bodies are confused and won't cooperate. 

Well, normally, I wouldn't have a problem with this; but I am working on rearranging their room and it's really difficult to do when there are bodies in there. 

I should have thrown the bodies on my bed, but I really wanted them to help out on this one.  So I did the side projects for the room - painting the Eiffel tower and putting lights in it, and painting the other items that will go up on the wall.

My fear in redecorating is, I have no vision, so  I am flying by the seat of my pants.  I have ideas, but I don't really measure to see if it will work and I'm not totally sure what is going to happen with the extra furniture from there room. 

The girls have too much stuff.  It's all clutter.  They get that from me.  It's a huge regret.

I saw a friend a long time ago and I watched her kids dig through the crap in their room and I thought, "Wow....my kids will never live like that".  And though it's not "that" bad, it's bad enough and time to change. 

As they get older and their lives more complicated, I feel it is important to simplify as much as possible.  The complicated part is I'm not simple.  So this is a struggle from the get go. 

I'm thinking I need to go and tour IKEA to see how they put their stuff together.  Or fly my sister and niece out here.  They'd have it all done in a day.  God, I wish I had that gene!!!

I blog about it all the time, and I'm still wear I was.  Such a bummer!

I'm not going to dwell on it too much.  My ideas are to separate the two so they have their own unique space and we will go from there.  But first I need to be mean mommy and go wake them up.  I'm not going to have another day of bodies in my way.  If I have anything to do with it, they will be involved all the way through.

And hopefully, by the end of the day we will we will have  a good, simple result with a Parisian flair.

I guess I'll keep you posted.  Hopefully, with pictures!!! 

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment