Friday, September 7, 2012

Who's in your head?

What would happen if you let NO ONE get into your head.

Do you ever stop to think how much others infiltrate your thoughts?  (Especially your parents, from childhood?)

As I was watching the Olympics, I saw the faces of the competitors.  They were focused...but not necessarily unwavering.  There were many times I could see the competitors struggle a bit with their confidence.  And I couldn't help but wonder; Whose voice is going through your mind???

We ALL have voices in our heads; voice of reason, voice of indulgence; voice of doubt......

Which do you succumb to most?

I know most of us are in our heads all the time.  My main voice is "fear".  I have anxiety and I worry about EVERY STINKIN' THING!!!!  And I really hate it.

I have a friend, and I know the voice in her head is "determination".  Because no matter what happens, she will push forward and succeed in anything she does.

And I know other people who are driven by "Paranoia".  They are afraid of what everyone thinks and base their decisions soley on the possibility of someone else's reaction.

We all do it to some level.  Some are more balanced than others.  But the reason I bring this up is; what IF we took ourselves and wiped the slate clean emotionally, and started from the ground up?  What if we just started projects with the end in mind and took the steps necessary without anticipating failure.  Rather looking only for success.

I know throughout my day, I am challenged by doubts.  And I think because of that, I allow myself to falter.  Almost make it happen.

Today I am going to start my day from scratch.  No doubts, no fears.  I'm just going to look at the tasks and erase the emotion.

Did you know, if we didn't have emotions to get in our way; we would be as brilliant as computers?  If you think about it, it makes sense.

Now, don't want to be a computer, per se.....I just want to be less doubtful and fearful. 

So, today, that will be my goal. 

Those voices have been in my head to long.  They need a little rearranging.  Fear is going in the back seat.

Hope your day is great!
Happy Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment