Saturday, September 8, 2012

Do it or not....it's your choice

Okay so, I hold true to my daily blog.  Until midnight hits, I'm good!!!

Yes, I'm late.  I woke up COMPLETELY at 6am.  And a little upset about it too, I might add.   WHO wakes up at 6am on a Saturday?  ME, that's who.

I have struggled with working out, because I have been slammed with 'stuff'.  So this morning when I had "SO" much energy, I decided to use that for the greater good and go for a walk/jog.

It's amazing to me that I know how good this feels and what great it does for me, yet the actual act of doing it has become SUCH a chore, that I disregard it.  And as a result, my body has changed and I don't like the way I look.

I lost 52lbs.  It took 20 months.  I practice my new lifestyle for the most part.  But exercise has "RE" become a chore.  And my heart is broken.

I do my best thinking when I exercise.  I feel so much better when I exercise.  My head is clearer when I exercise.  My anxiety is diminished when I exercise.  I have become strong because of exercise. 

So what happened????

I don't totally know.   But my sneaking suspicion is this.....  I took it for granted.......

I accomplished all the goals I set out for myself.  I transformed my body.  I felt amazing.  I did things I never thought I could accomplish.  And then.... I didn't know what else to do.

Do I really have to do this for the rest of my life???

Maybe the thought was overwhelming to me.  At one point I considered becoming an instructor.  But I quickly dismissed that.

Somewhere along the way I lost interest and motivation.  I figured it was all temporary and the feelings would come back.  But they never really did.  And now, many months later I struggle to get back on the road to run like I used to.

Some people seriously have the gene to do this.  They think it, and it is as good as done.  But me, I have to talk myself into it.  And trick myself into continuing it.

I literally took a spin class one time and for the first 20 minutes I was telling myself this class was a huge mistake.  I HATED it!!  But then after 20 minutes, I started getting in the rhythm.  And when the class ended just 30 minutes later, I was shocked it was 'already' over.  And when I realized how many calories I'd burned, I was on cloud nine!!!

I just have to realize this will always be a struggle for me.  But when I do it; all my systems feel better.  And I'm a better mom, wife and business person.  It truly affects everything.

I need to not look at the task....but rather, connect with the benefit.  I need to walk out my front door with the end result in mind.  That I will look and feel better all around.

I saw something today that struck me; Losing weight makes you look good in your clothes.  Exercising makes you look good NAKED!!!

I loved that!! I needed to hear that in just those terms. 

I chatted with a lady today who asked me if I start running again to call her.  She does better in a group.  I think that is true for many of us.  Finding your niche is super important.

So though I started my blog late today and most won't read it - this blog is written and dedicated to ME!! 

Happy Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment