Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Yippee Skippee

All the hard work paid off....  The room is done.  It took 3 people 2 days.  We have a bunch of bags to donate and a bunch more to be thrown away.  The room looks lovely.
Now, it's not exactly as I envisioned.  Many changes happened along the way; namely the girls' opinions.  As I didn't have a concrete plan, we winged it all the way through.  I expected to put them on the same side of the room, but they wanted opposite sides.  My vision slipped away from there. 

I had two choices;  send them away and do what I wanted, or let them have input and a sense of pride in their room.  I chose the latter. 

I wanted to make sure, as we put their new little home together, that they had a place and a purpose for everything.  A place for everything; everything in its place.  And I dare say we achieved that.

I didn't take a before picture; I just didn't really think about it.  And to be honest, I was a little embarrassed, so it's better that way.  But those who know how much the room has changed KNOW it's a big difference.

And it is now, officially, the cleanest room in the house.  (shaking my head).

You gotta start somewhere, right?? 

Well, the tip of the iceberg has been seen and from here we will start digging deep. 

I almost laughed as I left their room.  As I admired all the hard work and the now beauty that I see, I turned around into the hallway and was almost taken out by a portable mattress.  And the rest of the fallout from the room was right next to it. 

Not exactly "Better Homes and Gardens" worthy, but, like I said, it's a start.

Bad habits have caused much chaos in this house.  "I'll get to it later" or "I'll be right back" turn into piles that never get looked at again.  EVER!!!!

As I went through the room with the girls I made sure that everything had a purpose and if it didn't have a use in the bedroom, it would be placed in its purposeful home. 

You would be surprised how one can find a reason for a barrette to be in the bedroom.  But the girls have their very own bathroom to share, where they get ready, and therefore I told them to keep the places separate.

It was the little stuff that took so long.

I know most of you have this down already and you are probably shaking your head wondering why it takes me so long to 'get it'.  Well......it just does.  And that is why this is a huge feat and why I let it take so long.  I just don't have the time to dedicate to these huge projects.  But when I do man.....it's totally worth it.

I invited my friend over last night and we sat and drank a glass of wine.....in the girls' room.  We turned on the lights of the Eiffel tower and chatted on the beds.  It was so nice to revel in the finality of it all. 

Next project.....clean the landing outside the girls room.

I'll get back to that.

Happy Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment